Cambridge English Teaching Course 劍橋英語教學課程
Cambridge English Teaching course (CELT-P/S) assists teachers in preparing a lifetime of success in the classroom and proves their English skills to the world. The course delivers a wide range of support for teachers that allow them to help people learn English. Whether you’re teaching in your own country or planning to travel, the Cambridge English Teaching (CELT-P/S) course helps in developing teaching skills and provides new opportunities to the participants.
What is CELT-P/S?
The Certificate in English Language Teaching – Primary/Secondary is a teaching qualification developed by Cambridge Assessment English. Cambridge teaching certificate is an internationally recognized qualification and trusted by governments, schools and teachers all around the world.劍橋英語教學證書 (中/小學) – 分別為小學/中學英語語言教學證書是由劍橋評估英語開發的教學資格。劍橋英語教學證書(中/小學)被世界各國政府、學校和教師視為國際質量標準
The CELT-P/S course online helps teachers to create strategies for the key challenges of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL), such as developing learners’ listening and speaking abilities in large classes.
在線CELT-P/S課程專門為教師制定有效策略來應對英語外語 (TEFL) 教學的挑戰，例如在人數較多的大班級中培養學習者的聽說能力。
The course helps teachers to create strategies for the key challenges of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL), such as developing learners’ listening and speaking abilities in large classes.
Participants can develop their classroom skills and teaching confidence with CELT-P/S. It’s a practical English teaching qualification that gives teachers the relevant skills to teach young language learners.
同时，參與者可以通過 CELT-P/S 培養教学技能及建立信心。劍橋英語教學證書是一種實用的英語教學資格證書，可為教師提供教授年輕語言學習者的相關技能，以證明教師们的英語教學能力。
With CELT-P/S, teachers can show that they:
- have developed their understanding of, and ability to respond to, the specific needs of primary/secondary school learners;
- have extended the range of approaches for developing their learners’ language and language skills;
- have become more aware of ways to make effective use of resources to support learning in and beyond the classroom.
Who is CELT-P/S for?
The course is for both experienced and novice teachers of:
- learners aged 6-12 (CELT-P); or
- learners aged 12-18 (CELT-S)
who would like to refresh and build their knowledge and skills.
- 6-12 歲的學習者 (CELT-P)；或者
- 12-18 歲的學習者 (CELT-S)
The participants should also:
- have CEFR B1 level or above in English; and
- have their own classes available for the 3 observed teaching practices. Please contact us if you are not sure whether your classes are suitable for the observations.
- 英語水平達到CEFR B1或以上；
Why should I choose CELT-P/S?
- Flexible: Participants can do the online tasks whenever they have time.
- Practical: The portfolio tasks help participants to apply what they have learned to their classes.
- Valuable: Participants gain 2 Cambridge English certificates: CELT-P/S and TKT: Young Learners / TKT Module 1 .
There are a total of 9 modules in CELT-P. Each module consists of 3 units. To complete the course, you will spend 120 hours in total (about 5 hours per week).
|Module and Unit|
|M1. Language awareness for teaching
|M2. Developing listening and speaking skills in the primary classroom
|M3. Developing reading and writing skills in the primary classroom
|M4. Resources for learning in the primary classroom
|M5. Managing the primary classroom
|M6. Developing language use in the primary classroom
|M7. Language learning and the primary learner
|M8. Planning language learning in the primary context
|M9. Assessing language learning in the primary context
There are a total of 8 modules in CELT-S. Each module consists of 3 units. To complete the course, you will spend 120 hours in total (about 5 hours per week).
|Module and Unit|
|M1. Classroom management in the secondary classroom
|M2. Language learning and the teenage learner
|M3. Teaching language skills
|M4. Language awareness for teaching
|M5. Teaching language in the secondary classroom
|M6. Planning language learning in the secondary context
|M7. Language learning resources and materials for the secondary classroom
|M8. Assessing language learning in the secondary context
- an introduction to the topic
- learning activities
- activities that check learning
- activities that focus on practical classroom applications
- a review of what’s been learned
- a short, multiple-choice progress test
- further reading
- a portfolio task
After 2-3 modules, there will also be trainer-led extension sessions (about 2-3 hours per module). You will also be observed by our trainers every 2-3 modules.
Here are some extracts from the course:
How will you be assessed?
To pass the course, you need to:
- Complete the online modules
- Complete the portfolio tasks
- Take a multiple-choice Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT: Young Learners / TKT Module 1).
- Pass the observed teaching practices
There are 2 possible grades:
- Pass – Band 2 in the Teaching Knowledge Test + Pass in the teaching practices
- Merit – Band 3 or above in the Teaching Knowledge Test + Merit in the teaching practices
How to register for the course?
If you would like to be qualified by Cambridge CELT-P/S, please get the registration form here, fill it up and email a soft-copy to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Month||Course||Entry Closing Date||Course Induction|
|February 2022||CELT-P 1/22
|31st January 2022||19th February 2022|
|May 2022||CELT-P 2/22
|9th May 2022||28th May 2022|
|August 2022||CELT-P 3/22
|25th July 2022||13th August 2022|
|November 2022||CELT-P 4/22
|17th October 2022||5th November 2022|