Cambridge English: Key is set at Level A2. It is a basic level qualification for everyday written and spoken English.
This exam is for learners who want to show they can:
- communicate in simple situations using basic phrases and expressions
- understand simple written English.
Preparing for the exam gives learners the skills to interact with English speakers at a basic level. It provides students with the skills and confidence to go on to study for higher level English exams.
Cambridge English: Key for Schools
- the same level as Cambridge English: Key
- the same exam format as Cambridge English: Key
- leads to the same certificate as Cambridge English: Key.
But the exam content is aimed at school-age learners rather than adults.
|Target CEFR level:||Level A2|
|Suitable for:||Candidates at minimum A1 level|
|Test format:||Computer or paper based|
|No. of papers:||3 papers:
Reading and Writing(70 mins)
Listening (30 mins)
Speaking (8–10 mins per pair of candidates)