Cambridge English: First is set at Level B2. It is our most popular qualification, accepted by thousands of businesses and educational institutions worldwide.
This exam is for learners who want to study on:
- foundation and pathway courses in English-speaking countries
- undergraduate programmes taught in English in non-English-speaking countries.
It is also ideal for people who are working in English-speaking environments. Preparing for the exam gives learners the skills to communicate effectively, and write clear, detailed letters, reports and other texts.
Cambridge English: Preliminary for Schools
- the same level as Cambridge English: First
- the same exam format as Cambridge English: First
- leads to the same certificate as Cambridge English: First
But the exam content is aimed at school-age learners rather than adults.
|Target CEFR level:||B2|
|Suitable for:||Candidates at minimum B1 level|
|Test format:||Computer or paper based|
|No. of papers:||4 papers:
Reading and Use of English (75 mins)
Writing (80 mins)
Listening (about 40 mins)
Speaking (14 mins per pair of candidates)