CELTA is the gold-standard in the ELT industry and it is the most widely recognised English teaching qualification in the world.
Whether you are a new teacher looking to land your first teaching job, or an in-service teacher who wishes to prove your skills, or an aspiring teacher who wishes to travel and teach English across the globe, CELTA is the right qualification for you.
The course focuses on effective skills for teaching English to adult learners and is based around hands-on teaching practice.
There are five main topic areas:
- Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing)
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
CELTA is at Foundation/Developing stages on the Cambridge English Teaching Framework.
|Suitable Candidates||People with little or no teaching experience|
|Assessment:||Written assignments and assessed teaching practice|
|Course hours:||120 contact hours minimum|
|Course delivery options:||Fully online, with teaching practices|
|Part time course dates (2021) :||11th January 2021 – 6th March 2021
15th March 2021 – 7th May 2021 (early bird: before 10th February)
|Full time course dates (2021) :||31st May 2021 – 2nd July 2021 (early bird: before 30th April)
12th July 2021 – 14th August 2021 (early bird: before 10th June)
|Course fee :||HKD 20,000 (Early registration fee: HKD 18,000)
*inclusive of a free interview session with the trainer, an Online Teaching Practice certificate and Teaching Young Learners module with GPEX
|Time:||4 hours per day (part-time course)
8 hours per day (full-time course)
Our CELTA tutor :
Education and Qualifications:
- BA in English Language, Literature and Translation
- IH COLT (International House Certificate in Online Tutoring)
- Delta (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults)
- TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test, Modules 1, 2 and 3)
- IHCYL (International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners & Teenagers)
- LCCI (FTBE) First Certificate for Teachers of Business English
- IH Modular Courses (Methodology for Teaching Exam Classes, Methodology for Teaching Young Learners)
- British Council Certificate in “Applying special educational needs practices”
- New Skills ACADEMY, Child Psychology Certification
- Cambridge English Teacher (Introduction to Blended Learning)
Daryna Luhovska is a Teacher of English and Teacher Trainer (CELTA, TKT, Delta Module 1) based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Daryna is also a Mentor, which involves helping less experienced colleagues on a daily basis. She is an experienced teacher with almost 10 years of teaching experience, teaching all levels and ages: Very Young Learners, Young Learners, teenagers, adults; in a variety of contexts: one-to-one, groups, exam preparation, CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning), Business English. Daryna is involved in materials writing, course design and development of online courses for teachers. She regularly attends and presents at ELT (English Language Teaching) conferences in Ukraine and internationally. Teacher training and teaching are among Daryna’s greatest passions as she considers sharing knowledge to be rewarding and empowering. She also takes pleasure in researching and teaching phonology. Daryna believes that teaching is a creative process and whatever is learnt with pleasure will never be forgotten.