CELTA is a qualification for recent graduates, people who are changing careers, or teachers who want to gain a formal qualification.
The course focuses on effective skills for teaching English to adult learners and is based around hands-on teaching practice.
There are five main topic areas:
- Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing)
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
CELTA is at Foundation/Developing stages on the Cambridge English Teaching Framework.
|Suitable Candidates||People with little or no teaching experience|
|Assessment:||Written assignments and assessed teaching practice|
|Passing grades:||Pass, Pass B, Pass A|
|Test format:||Paper based|
| Course hours:
||120 contact hours minimum|
|Course delivery options:||Face to face, with teaching practice|
|Course dates:||Please contact GPEX for further information|